Your Rinnai control•r™ app has been improved
Download v2.0 today to ensure optimal performance!
Please follow the instructions below to ensure a proper system update of your control•r™ module
Step 1: Download the newest version of the control•r™ app (Version 2.0) from the App store using your mobile device and selecting the new app icon shown to the right.
Step 2: Once the download is complete…log into the new version using the email address and password you used in the version 1.0 App (older version).
- If you do not remember your password, please reset your password in the NEW control•r™ 2.0 App that you have just downloaded.
Step 3: After you have successfully reset your password and are logged in, your module will automatically check for any updates released in this version 2 firmware.
Step 4: After all the updates in Version 2.0 are complete, please confirm your tankless water heater is online. Your settings and preferences will carry over, but the schedules may be consolidated or expanded in the new app.
- If you have any questions about the meaning of the colored LED lights or the new functionality, please learn more by scrolling down to review "helpful hints."
Step 5: At this point you can now delete the old App (version 1.0) from your device.
- Your settings and preferences will be preserved; however, the old app will show you as “offline.” Please log into the new control•r™ 2.0 app to make any changes to your system and delete the old App.
If you do not remember your password for the 1.0 app, please download and create a new account in the 2.0 app
Lights to Watch
Flashing Red / Blue
- Your module is attempting to connect to your home network
- Ensure you are connecting to a 2.4GHz network
- Wait for 20 min - if no change you may have the wrong password or login credentials for your home network
Flashing Green / Blue
- Your module is attempting to connect to the new cloud network
- Wait 20 min - if no change, unplug your water heater, wait for 1 minute and then plug it back in
Solid Red - MODULE OFFLINE (If your module light is anything other than a solid blue)
- Unplug your water heater, wait 1 minute, then plug it back in
- If no change, use the Factory Reset Instructions below
Factory Reset Instructions
- FIRST - Press and hold connect for 30 seconds until flashing white, then let go. wait 1 minute until solid red.
- Note: If, after pressing and holding the connect button for 30 seconds, your module is flashing red/white, quickly press the connect button 3x rapidly in a row.
- SECOND - After factory resetting your module, please download and install the Control-R 2.0 App (Logo) from your app store, log in using your existing credentials, and follow the on-screen instructions.
If you have successfully downloaded and installed the 2.0 app and your unit is not following your recirculation schedule...
- Please check to make sure your time zone is set properly in the app
- Note: once confirmed the validation process may take up to 24 hours depending upon your recirculation schedule
- If after 24 hours your schedules still are not being followed, please delete, and recreate your recirculation schedules in the 2.0 app