Control-R™ - 5 Key Installation Tips
Check out the latest tips and tricks for a successful, stress-free installation
- Additional wiring can run up to 300 feet (91 m) away from water heater (18-22 gauge wire required).
- Running cold water through the recirculation line will not force the pump to turn on.
- The OFF cycles for Circ-Logic are determined by configuration settings of the water heater PC Board. For maximum usage of the on-demand accessories, the water heater must be set to Comfort mode. Comfort mode cycles the pump more frequently ensuring the loop temperature remains higher.
- Power cycling or factory resetting the module will not reset Circ-Logic.
- For best results and maintaining hot water in the loop, all lines should be insulated.
- Learn more about the optimal places to install and mount your Control-R™module by watching our video 'Control-R module location and mounting by Rinnai'
- Control-R™ Wi-Fi Module attaches easily to the Rinnai Tankless Water Heater by a two-wire interface and quickly connecting through the local Wi-Fi network. Proper mounting and location of the Control-R™module ensures quick set, minimal disruptions and quality connection.
Push Button Installation Tips:
- The maximum distance from the module to a push button is 250 ft. (76 m).
- The push button requires two CR2450 watch batteries (available at most retail stores including Walmart, Home Depot, etc.). Battery life is up to two years.
- Once installed find out 'How to pair your Rinnai Control-R module and unit with push button' by watching our instructional video
- Wireless push button pairing your Rinnai Tankless Water Heater Control-R module with your installed push button that can be mounted near the point of use, like a kitchen faucet or bathroom sink, and operates the recirculation system.