Territory Sales Manager - Maryland, Virginia and DC
We are Enhancing Lives by Changing the Way Water is Heated!
Rinnai, the number-one selling brand of tankless gas water heaters in North America, is looking for a sales person with a track record of selling technical products and solutions and a passion for joining a winning, growing company. Join us on our mission to Enhance Lives by Changing the Way Water is Heated in North America.
Rinnai America is the leader in tankless water heating, a technology that is growing rapidly as businesses and homes “yank the tank” and convert to an efficient, endless supply of hot water. We aim to do this by a commitment to our employees, with a strong, accountable culture and a practice of giving back to our communities.
Rinnai America is also proud to be the only tankless water heating manufacturer in the US, with the start of its first production facility in Georgia.
You will be part of a team that provides highly efficient hot water solutions to businesses throughout the region.
Implementation of sales strategies and tactics to ensure achievement of sales targets and objectives within a pre-defined area of responsibility while managing sales channel functions and outputs to ensure desired outcome is achieved.
- Responsible for achieving sales targets, strategies, and tactics for a specified territory.
- Responsible for conducting and/or coordinating ongoing comprehensive product and sales training to all channel partners to include distributors, contractors/dealers, manufacturer representatives, engineers, architects, designers, builders, and others as prescribed by Regional Sales Director
- Assist in the development of new business opportunities in all sales channels to include, but not limited to, Residential New Construction, Plumbing, HVAC, and Energy.
- Maintain a positive and mutualistic working relationship with all channel partners
- Responsible for the promotion of the Rinnai product range at various trade shows, “lunch and learns”, counter days, etc.
- Provide on a monthly basis a detailed account of all training, competitive intelligence, product requirements, and pertinent information as prescribed by Regional Sales Director and as outlined the Market Summary Document Template
- Utilize and manage CRM for all sales opportunities
- Monitor and analyze field sales reports, consumer leads, and CRM, interpret results and suggest corrective action to achieve sales targets accordingly
- Travel to support sales targets and responsibilities. Time and expenses to be managed based on needs and expectations of specified area
- Assist in the preparation of annual and monthly sales forecast and sales targets
- Implement and provide pricing, applicable discounts, advertising, and rebates as approved by the Regional Sales Director
- Implement all dealer, residential new construction, and energy development strategies and tactics as prescribed by Regional Sales Director
- Assist in regional marketing efforts to include marketing dollar spend with key partners
- Embrace and support Rinnai’s Cultural Beliefs: Captive Customers, Process First, Drive Change, Build Trust, Innovate Now, and Develop You
- Awareness and compliance of Company Policies and Procedures
- Maintain company provided tools, equipment and property.
- Annual Sales Budgets
- Quarterly review of progress
- Development of new business opportunities
- Development of sales channel through product knowledge and training
Regional Management Support
- Accuracy and functionality of pricing/discounting proposals submitted to Regional Sales Director
- Accuracy and adherence of forecasting efforts
- Provide ongoing, effective and timely sales and technical training on all product categories sold by Rinnai
- Provide appropriate support in identifying and addressing field product performance/quality issues. This will include support in resolving escalated customer issues and interacting with Rinnai’s Engineering group in gathering necessary information on potential product performance/quality issues
- Provide appropriate support, as needed, in assuring the successful completion of major product installation projects
- Ensure equipment, tools, and property provided by Rinnai are used and maintained to an acceptable level
- Deliverables submitted consistently by due date
- Meets Rinnai’s ethical standards
- Demonstrates a consistently satisfactory disciplinary history
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or related field
- Minimum 3 years of sales and sales management experience
- Industry knowledge including but not limited to Plumbing, HVAC, Residential New Construction, Commercial, and Energy.
- Aggressive and seasoned in sales development, management and direct selling with quantified results.
- Proficient use of Word, Excel, Power Point and various web-based tools.
- Understanding of the changing marketplace and ability to adapt to change
- Ability to multi-task and build effective relationships with various levels of business partner, customers or teams.
- Ability to lift up to 75 lbs.
- Up to 30% travel outside of territory
- Ability to safely operate company provided tools, equipment and property.
- Professional approach; confidence in dealing with people
- Commitment to achieving established business goals
- High level of personal integrity and honesty
- Team player, able to operate with a great deal of independence
- Positive, sales-oriented personality
- Strong team player
- Must possess excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to present in front of groups.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work both individually and in a team environment.
- High degree of technical and analytical skills. Must be able to support products with specific technical ability.
- Strong technical / customer service orientation/ work ethic