Sr. Cost Accountant
Rinnai: CREATING A HEALTHIER WAY OF LIVING
Rinnai America is the leader in tankless water heating, a technology that is growing rapidly as businesses and homes “yank the tank” and convert to an efficient, endless supply of hot water. We have a commitment to our employees, and a strong, accountable culture with a practice of giving back to our communities.
Rinnai America is also proud to be the only tankless water heating manufacturer in the US, with the start of its first production facility in Georgia.
Looking for a confident, self-directed Plant Full Cycle Accountant to take ownership of the General Accounting, Cost Accounting, Fixed Assets, Payables, Treasury, Tax, and Reporting functions at our manufacturing facility in Griffin, GA.
- Daily responsibilities include cost accounting reporting; variance analysis; account reconciliations and other account analysis as required.
- Performs month end tasks associated with inventory, material costs, margin analysis, and plant financial analysis including adjustment, summary schedules, and reconciliation
- Ongoing analysis of inventory, production costs, margin, and tracing costs back to underlying activities and drivers
- Involved in the inventory control process and all inventory functions and analysis. Coordinates physical inventory and weekly cycle counts, investigating variances and resolving associated issues
- Maintains standard costs and reviews standard and actual costs for inaccuracies including variance analysis, treating these in accordance with GAAP
- Develops meaningful and comprehensive reporting packages to provide current and accurate information to provide leadership with data necessary to make solid business decisions related to production, inventory management, and pricing
- Performs production walks at manufacturing facilities to understand processes, variances, reporting errors, and interpretation of cost build-ups
- Perform standard cost development and continuous improvement and operational excellence coordination and analysis.
- Works directly under the direction of the Accounting Manager that established procedures are being followed.
- This position will work closely with the production and operational plant personnel to improve financial information.
- Responsible for all of the General Accounting functions of the department including the Capital Asset Tracking, Production Reporting, Inter-Company transactions, Monthly Closings, General Ledger Account Reconciliations, and a wide range of audits. Assist in development of updates to ERP standard costs and inventory revaluation
- This position will be responsible for all aspects of Accounting for the plant including Treasury & Payables, Managing the month-end close process; providing accurate information for financial reporting; performing financial and variance analysis of direct material, direct labor, and manufacturing overhead; preparing standard and non-standard journal entries as required, and managing internal and external audit functions.
- Assist in the assessment and testing of internal controls (JSOX). Assist in continuous improvement of SOP’s
- Support the AP related activities at the plant location with intent to minimize exceptions.
- Satisfy corporate requests and inquiries as well as other misc. projects as assigned
- Bachelor degree in Finance or Accounting.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as a Cost Accountant in an ERP (Syteline preferred) environment.
- 3-5 years’ experience in a plant accounting environment is required, with at least 2 years in a cost accountant role.
- Strong time management skills
- Integrity, with an ability to handle confidential information
- Knowledge of standard costing and associated rates with the ability to develop and maintain the cost accounting system with verifiable and accurate reporting
- Ability to work well with varying skill levels in multiple functions/departments (plant floor to upper management)
- Excellent analytical skills with an attention to detail
- Desire to work in a team-oriented environment with excellent verbal and written communication ski
- Experience as a Cost Accountant, Cost Analyst, Accountant or similar role in a manufacturing environment
- Thorough knowledge of accounting procedures
- In-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Experience with ERP accounting software
- Microsoft Office with strong Excel capability (Pivot Tables, VLOOKUP, etc.)
- Knowledge and skills to work in and throughout all areas of a manufacturing plant
- Coordinate the validation of Bills of Materials (BOMs) and Work Center routers.
- Analyze work center costs and capabilities with assistance of Plant Engineering.
- Drill down through work center costs to understand specific product/process cost streams.