What are the advantages and disadvantages of a tankless water heater?
- A tankless water heater saves you money over time, thanks to far superior energy efficiency.
- They have a significantly longer useful lifespan than tank water heaters, lasting almost twice as long in some cases.
- They require significantly less storage space than a storage tank water heater.
- You’ll have unlimited hot water whenever you need it. The hot water is available in seconds instead of the minutes it typically takes for a tank heater.
- You will have more than enough hot water for multiple showers and appliances to run simultaneously.
- Tankless water heaters generally have a higher purchase cost, when compared with traditional storage tank water heaters.
- Installation can be more expensive, based on how much (if any) retrofitting is needed.
- You could be “output challenged” if maximum useage was calculated incorrectly. Fortunately, we have tools to help you and your installation professional choose the right Rinnai unit for you, avoiding this issue.
For an exact installation and unit price, click here to find a licensed dealer in your area.