Engineering Manager - HVAC
Peachtree City, GA
Rinnai: we are enhancing lives by changing the way water is heated
Rinnai, the number-one selling brand of tankless gas water heaters in North America, is looking for an Engineering leader with a track record of creating solutions and a passion for innovation. Join us on our mission to enhance lives by changing the way water is heated in North America.
Rinnai America is the leader in tankless water heating, a technology that is growing rapidly as businesses and homes “yank the tank” and convert to an efficient, endless supply of hot water. We have a commitment to our employees, and a strong, accountable culture with a practice of giving back to our communities.
Rinnai America is also proud to be the only tankless water heating manufacturer in the US, with the start of its first production facility in Georgia.
The Engineering Manager - HVAC position will provide engineering management and product development leadership to the design, application, marketing and sales efforts of Rinnai’s HVAC products of North America.
This will provide for a mix of talent and experiences to complement the engineering task expectations of developing comprehensive products, applications, and solutions for the marketplace.
Additionally, this position will provide project leadership in support of the development of new products and applications that drive the company growth
- Provide product design and project management assistance to internal staff.
- Direct and assist in the development of test plans including, application development, field testing, certification, and reliability assessment.
- Act as mentor and interface with other engineers and assist with multiple assignments as needed.
- Direct, assist, review and approve the development of technical literature for Rinnai heating products.
- Responsible for hiring, coaching, managing, and terminating employees
- Embrace new business processes and practices.
- Support a collaborative environment and drive knowledge sharing throughout the engineering group.
- Actively develop new product applications and / or product solutions to support the marketplace growth of Rinnai.
- Full product application responsibility from beginning to end.
- Development of application solutions to ensure expected and reliable product performance.
- Embrace and support growing business demands in a changing environment
- Various projects as requested
- Awareness and compliance of Company Policies and Procedures
- Other duties and responsibilities as required
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum 7 years experience in engineering applications and product development fields related to gas fired consumer/commercial products specifically HVAC such as gas furnace, heat pump, AC and boiler
- Excellent understanding of CSA certification process and ANSI standards related to HVAC equipment, boilers and ability to understand ANSI and CSA testing methods
- Experience with ASME BPVC specifically around H-stamp product
- Experience with mechanical systems or HVAC product design and application a plus
- Experience with SolidWorks or similar 3D software.
- Exhibit and model Rinnai Cultural Beliefs
- Ability to develop high levels of cooperation and respect from staff, colleagues and suppliers alike.
- Ability to participate and motivate others in a collaborative engineering environment
- High level of personal integrity and honesty.
- Ability to work in team settings.
- Collaborative problem solving and communication style.
- Ability to share knowledge within the group in all directions throughout the business.
- Results / task oriented work ethic.
- Well-developed analytical and problem solving skills.
- Technical proficiency in gas product field.
- Highly developed planning and organizational skills together with the ability to effectively prioritize.
- Ability to communicate with and motivate a wide range of staff, management and customers.
- Excellent computer literacy to include but not limited to MS Office products
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Understanding of Codes as they apply to gas fired products.
- Experience with the following engineering tools would be desirable. Finite Element Analysis, Computational Fluid Dynamics, Failure Modes and Effects Analysis, Design of Experiment.