Territory Sales Manager -Southern California
Rinnai: we are enhancing lives by changing the way water is heated
Rinnai, the number-one selling brand of tankless gas water heaters in North America, is looking for a sales leader with a track record of selling technical products and solutions and a passion for winning. Join us on our mission to enhance lives by changing the way water is heated in North America.
Rinnai America is the leader in tankless water heating, a technology that is growing rapidly as businesses and homes “yank the tank” and convert to an efficient, endless supply of hot water. We aim to do this by a commitment to our employees, with a strong, accountable culture and a practice of giving back to our communities.
Rinnai America is also proud to be the only tankless water heating manufacturer in the US, with the start of its first production facility in Georgia.
Implementation of sales plans to ensure achievement of objectives and sales targets within a pre-defined territory. Coordinate with Regional Sales Manager and Director to ensure team is effectively maximizing every opportunity to achieve sales objectives.
- Responsible for achieving sales targets and the execution of key strategies and tactics for a specified territory.
- Responsible for conducting and/or coordinating ongoing comprehensive product and sales training to all channel partners to include distributors, contractors/dealers, manufacturer representatives, engineers, architects, designers, builders, and others as prescribed by Regional Sales Director.
- Responsible for the development of new business opportunities in all sales channels to include, but not limited to, Residential New Construction, Repair and Replace, Commercial, Plumbing, HVAC, and Energy.
- Maintain a positive and mutualistic working relationship with all channel partners and internal teams.
- Responsible for the promotion of Rinnai product categories range at various trade shows, “lunch and learns”, counter days, etc.
- Provide on a monthly basis a detailed account of all training, competitive intelligence, product requirements, and pertinent information as prescribed by Regional Sales Director and as outlined the Market Summary Document Template.
- Utilize and manage CRM for all sales opportunities.
- Monitor and analyze field sales reports, consumer leads, and CRM, interpret results and suggest corrective action to achieve sales targets accordingly.
- Travel to support sales targets and responsibilities. Time and expenses to be managed based on needs and expectations of specified area.
- Assist in the preparation of annual and monthly sales forecast and sales targets.
- Implement and provide pricing, applicable discounts, advertising, and rebates as approved by the Regional Sales Director.
- Implement all dealer, residential new construction, and energy development strategies and tactics as prescribed by Regional Sales Director.
- Assist in regional marketing efforts to include marketing dollar spend with key partners.
- Implement and provide pricing, applicable discounts, advertising, and rebates as approved by the Regional Manager and/or Director.
- Support Regional Sales Director as required to meet Regional and Corporate objectives.
- Assist in the preparation of annual sales forecast and sales budgets.
- Ensure reporting accuracy of sales results and administration.
- Awareness and compliance of Company Policies and Procedures.
- Other duties and responsibilities as required.
- 2-4 years of outside sales experience (HVAC industry a plus)
- Proven track record in outside sales achievement
- 4-year degree
- Energetic self starter that can react quickly to opportunity and maintain sales relationships
- Relationship building
- Solid work ethics
- Works with a sense of urgency to accomplish objectives
- Ability to travel up to 75%
- Understanding of the changing marketplace and ability to adapt to change
- Positive, sales-oriented personality
- Strong team player