Regional Service Manager - CO / Rocky Mountain Region
Rinnai: we are enhancing lives by changing the way water is heated
Rinnai, the number-one selling brand of tankless gas water heaters in North America, is looking for a Regional Service Manager with a track record of training on technical products and solutions and a passion for winning. Join us on our mission to enhance lives by changing the way water is heated in North America.
Rinnai America is the leader in tankless water heating, a technology that is growing rapidly as businesses and homes “yank the tank” and convert to an efficient, endless supply of hot water. We aim to do this by a commitment to our employees, with a strong, accountable culture and a practice of giving back to our communities.
Rinnai America is also proud to be the only tankless water heating manufacturer in the US, with the start of its first production facility in Georgia.
This position exists to develop and manage Rinnai’s field service network throughout the assigned region and to provide technical support, as needed, in resolving escalated product issues. The position will provide product training throughout the region and will support, as necessary, major product installs, ensuring proper sizing and installation for the project.
- Establish an authorized service network within the region of responsibility for in home/onsite service of product manufactured and sold by Rinnai
- Negotiation of all labor rates for authorized service agreements within the region of responsibility
- Monitor the quality of service being provided by authorized service agents and where necessary develop individual improvement programs for identified service agents not performing to required standards
- Provide ongoing technical training to areas Sales Representatives, customers, Installers, and authorized Service agents
- Provide support, as needed, in addressing and resolving escalated field product performance issues
- Provide support on major commercial product install projects ensuring proper sizing and correct installation of products used in the project.
- Provide developmental support to Rinnai’s Regional Service managers and off site Technical Specialists located throughout North America.
- Serve as liaison between the field and Rinnai’s Engineering department in the identification of possible performance or quality issues and gathering of information in support of the same
- Provide support on major product install projects ensuring proper sizing and correct installation of products used in the project
- Interface with local code officials to address and work through identified code issues
- Represent Rinnai on off site visits and/or liability investigations as required.
- Maintain company provided tools, equipment and property.
- Ensure all activities involved in comply with established legislative laws and/or Company policies and procedures
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent experience in a related field of study such as electrical, electronics, plumbing systems, hydronics, and/or boiler systems. Engineering degree preferred.
- Plumbing/Electrical or Gas License a plus
- Minimum 5 years appliance/product troubleshooting experience (gas products a plus).
- Previous experience in training/teaching required.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in managing a territory preferred
- Ability to travel up to 75% and submit expenses for reimbursement weekly.
- Ability to safely operate company provided tools, equipment and property.
- Professional approach; confidence in dealing with people
- Commitment to achieving established business goals
- Strong technical / customer service orientation
- High level of personal integrity and honesty
- Team player, able to operate with a great deal of independence.
- Ability to lift up to 75 lbs.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work both individually and in a team environment.
- Must possess excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to present in front of groups.
- Ability to multi task.
- High degree of technical and analytical skills.
- Ability to work with various levels of people, customers or teams.
- Knowledge in use of Word, Excel, Power Point and various web based tools.
- Customer / Quality discipline.