Peachtree City, GA
Rinnai: we are enhancing lives by changing the way water is heated
Rinnai, the number-one selling brand of tankless gas water heaters in North America, is seeking a Project Engineer to help bring innovative ideas and creative solutions to our team! Join us on our mission to enhance lives by changing the way water is heated in North America.
Rinnai America is the leader in tankless water heating, a technology that is growing rapidly as businesses and homes “yank the tank” and convert to an efficient, endless supply of hot water. We have a commitment to our employees, and a strong, accountable culture with a practice of giving back to our communities.
Rinnai America is also proud to be the only tankless water heating manufacturer in the US, with the start of its first production facility in Georgia.
The Project Engineer position will provide skills and experiences to support the Innovation team in developing comprehensive products, applications, and solutions for the marketplace.
•Follow Rinnai’s NPD process to develop new products, applications and / or product solutions to support the marketplace growth of Rinnai.
•Development of test plans including, application development, field testing, certification, regulatory requirements and reliability assessment.
•Development of application solutions to ensure expected and reliable product performance.
•Prepare engineering designs, drawings and specifications.
•Lead major projects and coordinate activities and tasks to ensure project maintains schedule timelines and budget.
•Development of technical literature including manuals, technical bulletins, etc.
•Interaction with suppliers to ensure design of components meet specifications and provide solutions
•Embrace and support growing business demands in a changing environment
•Various projects as requested
•Awareness and compliance of Company Policies and Procedures
•Other duties and responsibilities as required
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering. ME a plus
- 5+ years’ experience in an engineering role.
- Experience in engineering applications and product development fields related to gas fired consumer products a plus.
- Understanding of CSA certification process and ANSI standards related to water heaters, boilers and space heaters a plus.
- Experience with SolidWorks or similar 3D software.
- Experience with mechanical systems/HVAC product design and application a plus.
- Highly motivated and driven by success.
- Ability to participate and motivate others in a collaborative innovation and engineering environment
- High level of personal integrity and honesty.
- Team player able to operate with independence as required.
- Results / task-oriented work ethic.
- Well-developed analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Computer literacy to include but not limited to MS Office products
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Understanding of Codes as they apply to gas fired products.
- Experience with the following engineering tools would be desirable. Finite Element Analysis, Computational Fluid Dynamics, Failure Modes and Effects Analysis, Design of Experiment.