Group Leader, Manufacturing Engineer
Rinnai: CREATING A HEALTHIER WAY OF LIVING
Rinnai America is the leader in tankless water heating, a technology that is growing rapidly as businesses and homes “yank the tank” and convert to an efficient, endless supply of hot water. We have a commitment to our employees, and a strong, accountable culture with a practice of giving back to our communities.
Rinnai America is also proud to be the only tankless water heating manufacturer in the US, with the start of its first production facility in Georgia.
This individual will be an experienced Manufacturing Engineer Group Leader to the Rinnai operations team. This role will support the expansion of the assembly and manufacturing facility. The primary responsibilities will help lead design, implementation and improvement of assembly and manufacturing processes. This will provide for a mix of talent and experiences to complement the engineering team in assembly and manufacturing of products, applications and solutions for the marketplace.
- Development of manufacturing methods, processes, cell layout and equipment needs.
- Responsible to interact with Rinnai Japan engineers, and equipment vendors to design and / or source equipment
- Supervision of the engineering and maintenance team
- Development of manufacturing process and work instructions
- Assure product and process quality by designing testing methods for both in process and finished product
- Support development of new products by advising on manufacturing needs during design to ensure ease of manufacturing and quality are maintained.
- Hands on support of manufacturing equipment and process implementation
- Support key initiatives and core projects as required.
- Participate in quality control aspect of assembly and product lines
- Embrace and support growing business demands in a changing environment
- Various projects as requested
- Awareness and compliance of Company Policies and Procedure
- Other duties and responsibilities as required
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or equivalent degree (Mechanical, Manufacturing, Industrial or Electrical preferred)
- 5-10 years manufacturing engineering or process engineering experience
- Experience with SolidWorks or similar 3D software.
- Knowledge of OSHA, Lean manufacturing concepts (Six Sigma, 5S, continuous improvement)
- Familiarity with Quality Systems
- Ability to participate and motivate others in a collaborative engineering environment
- High level of personal integrity and honesty.
- Team player able to operate with independence as required.
- Results / task oriented work ethic.
- Well-developed analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent computer literacy to include but not limited to MS Office products
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Mechanical aptitude, hydraulics, pneumatics and controls.
- Planning and organizational skills together with the ability to effectively prioritize and define resource needs.
- Strong project management skills