Continuous Improvement (Kaizen) Group Leader
Rinnai: CREATING A HEALTHIER WAY OF LIVING
Rinnai America is the leader in tankless water heating, a technology that is growing rapidly as businesses and homes “yank the tank” and convert to an efficient, endless supply of hot water. We have a commitment to our employees, and a strong, accountable culture with a practice of giving back to our communities.
Rinnai America is also proud to be the only tankless water heating manufacturer in the US, with the start of its first production facility in Georgia.
This position will provide lean expertise to advance RAC’s continuous improvement agenda through project leadership, coaching, mentoring and advising. The candidate will lead and support change management efforts. This position will ensure that continuous improvement projects are aligned to company’s overall strategic objectives. Responsible for implementing lean strategies to support a 5% year over year cost improvement.
ENGINEERING / QUALITY / KAIZEN
- Lead kaizen team to learn and implement shop floor improvements
- Lead Value Stream Management process
- Lead the delivery of business improvement projects
- Provide training, mentoring and guidance to others business partners in the use of Lean / 6σ tools.
- Assist with the definition of potential projects to support the future growth
- Lead project prioritization process
- Actively identify potential risks & issues relating to the delivery of projects and manage a resolution process in a timely manner, only escalating major issues
- Work with business functions to develop and implement data gathering techniques to identify and rank opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Provide data analysis expertise within the organization.
- Deliver training and provide mentoring support in Yellow Belt, Green Belt, Root Cause Analysis, 5S, Kaizen
- Facilitate workshops, lean 6 sigma tool training sessions.
- Participates and supports management review meetings including minutes
- Prepares and analyzes statistically data for decision-making purposes
- Supports the development of continuous improvement programs
- Trains Rinnai America in Kaizen methodology
- Other duties and responsibilities as rquired
- 5 years’ experience implementing and supporting the Toyota Production system
- Practical knowledge of lean tools
- Bachelor of Science or equivalent work experience
- Bachelor of Science in the fields of Mechanical or Industrial Engineering a plus
- Minimum of 5 years in production environment
- Minimum 5 years of experience in coordinating a continuous process of change in an industrial environment with Kaizen Coordination (including production system experience)
- Inspection techniques and tools
- Proficient in Statistical process control
- Manufacturing / assembly environments
- Statistical Thinking Methodology
- MS Office Products and statistical software (Minitab a +)
- Lean, 6 Sigma Green Belt and/ or Black Belt a plus
- Able to implement kaizen improvements to positively impact safety, quality, productivity and morale.
- Proficiency in Change Management techniques
- Quickly understands and uses processes, technologies and ideas that are continually being updated.
- Demonstrated effective Team leadership
- Ability to develop high levels of cooperation and respect from staff, colleagues and suppliers alike
- High level of personal integrity and honesty
- Team player able to operate with independence and enthusiasm
- Learns highly complex information regarding a product, process or operation.
- Lead team to recognize areas for improvement and implement shop floor kaizen.
- Teach Toyota production system methodologies.
- Ability to lead cross functional teams
- Knowledge of management and planning tools, quality tools, preventive and corrective actions, and how to overcome barriers to quality improvements.
- Proficiency in using statistical, quality and continuous improvement methods, and data analysis to diagnose and correct improper quality control practices.
- Well-developed analytical and problem solving skills.
- Develops new approaches to improve or replace existing procedures or systems.
- Identifies cause and effect relationships and root causes.
- Can communicate effectively by using written and oral skills.
- Understands and evaluates numerical data, tables, charts, or graphs to get to the cause of a problem.