Offers & RebatesOffers & Rebates Rebate Finder Signature Financing Tankless Tax Credit Energy & Cost Savings
$300 Federal Tax Credit
On January 2, President Obama signed legislation which included provisions to retroactively reinstate the 25C tax credits for highly efficient HVAC and water heating equipment that expired at the end of 2011.
Specifically, the bill extends the tax credits that expired in 2011 from January 1, 2012, until December 31, 2013, for qualified equipment listed in Section 25C of the Internal Revenue Code. Because the credits were made retroactive to January 1, 2012, they can be used for qualified equipment that was installed any time after December 31, 2011 thru December 31, 2013.
How does this apply to Rinnai products?
- All current Rinnai tankless water heaters with an energy factor of at least 0.82 qualify for the $300 Federal Tax Credit.
What does this mean for you?
- If you purchased a qualified Rinnai tankless water heater between January 1 – December 31, 2012, you are still eligible to claim the $300 tax credit.
- If you purchase a qualified Rinnai tankless water heater between January 1 – December 31, 2013 you are eligible to claim the $300 tax credit.
How do you claim your Federal Tax Credit?
- Download and save the Manufacturer’s Certification Statement along with a copy of your proof of purchase.
- When filing your taxes, use IRS Form 5695. Consult a tax professional for further details.
Download and save the 2012-2013 Manufacturer’s Certification Statement along with a copy of your proof of purchase.
Download and save the 2011 Manufacturer’s Certification Statement along with a copy of your proof of purchase.
Search for other local tankless water heater rebates with Rinnai's Rebate Finder today