Title: Technical Support Specialist (Boiler Systems)
Location: Location Flexible
This position will provide technical support in the service of troubleshooting, installation, repair and application of all Rinnai product with particular emphasis on Boiler system; Ensuring the identification, documentation and resolution of quality/performance issues; In the repair and/or failure analysis of product returned to Rinnai.
- Provide telephone support to answer inquires on service, installation and troubleshooting procedures for all Rinnai products, with particular emphasis on Boiler systems.
- Responsible for following through with repairs, rework, rebuilding and/or maintenance on all products returned to Rinnai. To include documenting results of failure analysis on product.
- Liaise with Sales, Marketing, Engineering and Service staff to maintain an understanding of product features/specifications and quality controls standards.
- Liaise with Field Sales/Service organizations and Engineering in gathering and documenting information on potential quality/performance issues. To include providing input/suggestions on possible corrective actions.
- Ensure records of all work orders, quality control reports, failure analysis, RGA’s, credits, returns, shipping request, etc. are completed with details related to work and/or services performed.
- Rotating shift schedule (8am-4:30pm, 8:30am-5pm, 9:30am-6pm, 10:30am-7pm and 11:30am-8pm)
- Maintain company provided tools, equipment and property.
- Embrace and support growing business demands in a changing environment
- Other duties and responsibilities as required
- Awareness and compliance of Company Policies and Procedures
- Technical Associate’s degree in plumbing or electrical engineering or experience in a related field of study such as boiler and/or hydronics systems.
- Relevant licensure preferred
- Minimum of 8 years of boiler/controls/hydronics troubleshooting/installation/repair and applications experience.
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal with the ability to present in front of groups.
- Knowledge and use of Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- High degree of technical analysis.
- Ability to work with various levels of people / customers / teams.
- Customer / Quality discipline.
- Professional approach; confidence in dealing with people
- Commitment to achieving business goals
- Strong technical / customer service orientation
- High levels of personal integrity, honesty
- Team player able to operate with a great deal of independence