Title: Regional Builder Sales Manager
Location: Southern California
Responsible to create and execute residential programs among top national and regional builders in the specified regional area to expand Rinnai’s market share. Coordinate with the National Builder Sales Manager, Regional Sales Directors, and Manufacturer Representatives to ensure team is effectively maximizing opportunities to achieve corporate objectives
- Responsible for achieving sales targets, strategies, and tactics for all of US and Canada as prescribed and agreed upon by the National Builder Sales Manager and Director of Sales
- Implement and provide pricing, applicable discounts, advertising, and builder programs as approved by the National Builder Sales Manager and Director of Sales.
- Assist in the preparation of annual and monthly sales forecast and sales targets
- Provide monthly a detailed account of all training, competitive intelligence, product requirements, and pertinent information as prescribed by Director of Sales and as outlined the Market Summary Document Template
- Utilize CRM to manage all sales funnel activities
- Monitor and analyze field sales reports, interpret results and take corrective action to achieve sales targets
- Travel to support sales targets and responsibilities. Time and expenses to be managed based on needs and expectations of specified area
- Manage all office duties including, but not limited to the following: sales results, financial reporting, and customer satisfaction
- Support the Sales Management Team to meet Regional and Corporate objectives
- Direct and assist the sales team and rep agencies in accordance with the strategies and tactics of the Region
- Maintain appropriate contact with distributors and sales outlets
- Effectively resolve customer complaints
- General Regional administrative reporting
- Monthly Market Summaries
- Embrace and support growing business demands in a changing environment
- Various projects as requested
- Awareness and compliance of Company Policies and Procedures
- Maintain company provided tools, equipment and property.
- Annual Sales Budgets
- Quarterly review of progress
- Development of new business opportunities
- Development of sales channel through product knowledge and training
- Accuracy and functionality of pricing/discounting proposals submitted to Regional Sales Director
- Accuracy and adherence of forecasting efforts
- Provide ongoing, effective and timely sales and technical training on all product categories sold by Rinnai
- Provide appropriate support in identifying and addressing field product performance/quality issues. This will include support in resolving escalated customer issues and interacting with Rinnai’s Engineering group in gathering necessary information on potential product performance/quality issues
- Provide appropriate support, as needed, in assuring the successful completion of major product installation projects
- Ensure equipment, tools, and property provided by Rinnai are used and maintained to an acceptable level
- Deliverables submitted consistently by due date
- Meets Rinnai’s ethical standards
- Demonstrates a consistently satisfactory disciplinary history
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field and/or equivalent work experience required.
- Minimum 3 years of demonstrated sales management experience
- Industry knowledge including but not limited to new home construction, and gas appliance industry knowledge.
- Aggressive and seasoned in sales leadership, management and direct selling.
- Constructively manage personnel to foster business and personnel growth.
- Proven ability to deal with customers and to negotiate appropriate outcomes
- Proven ability to organize workloads effectively and to determine priorities
- High level analytical and administrative skills including report writing and formulation business reports
- Ability and desire to effectively sell directly to homebuilders, commercial builders, distributors and gas utilities.
- Relationship building
- Strong team player
- Self motivation and confidence
- Initiative, commitment and achievement orientation
- Superior sales, customer, and management awareness
- Ability to develop sound business planning process
- Ability to motivate individual team members
- Travel up to 75%