Title: Quality Reliability Engineer
Location: Peachtree City, GA
This position will provide an experienced Quality / Reliability Engineer to Rinnai America for the purpose of developing product reliability testing programs, assistance with new product or accessory evaluation tests, facilitation and maintenance of FMEA’s, defining Critical to Quality characteristics, defining quality and reliability expectations for processes, systems, components, field data mining for product improvement initiatives. The position would be responsible for assuring the implementation of a Quality Management System in the company, as well as for the maintenance of the Quality Management System.
- Facilitate and maintain FMEA’s for Rinnai developed products or systems.
- Develop product and component reliability expectations and qualification testing programs in cooperation with engineering team.
- Oversee product reliability testing and communication conducted for the parent company.
- Participated in the development and assessment of field tests.
- Development and operation of quality control systems
- Application and analysis of testing and inspection procedures
- Supplier Quality Including:
- Conducting supplier audits
- Ability to audit quality systems for deficiency identification and correction
- Supplier control and development plans
- Hands on and/or directing of product and accessory audits
- Working with management to support customer issues, investigation and corrective actions
- Participates in the development and oversight of product acceptance criteria and receiving/inspection processes.
- Development of quality assurance plans including identification of critical control points and preventive measures, monitoring procedures and verification procedures.
- Develop and assist with the assignment of critical top quality characteristics.
- Conduct field data mining to uncover opportunities for product quality improvements.
- Assist with root cause failure analysis to define product improvement initiatives.
- Other duties and responsibilities as required
- Bachelor of Science or equivalent work experience
- Bachelor of Science in an Engineering field a plus
- Experience in an quality role in manufacturing / assembly environment
- Knowledge and familiarity with industry specifications/codes/standards.
- Manufacturing Methods and Procedures
- More specific experience in water based gas fired products would be a plus. Quality and Reliability skill sets are the priority.
- Understanding of Codes as they apply to gas fired products.
- Will have a thorough understanding of problem-solving and quality improvement tools and techniques.
- Includes knowledge of management and planning tools, quality tools, preventive and corrective actions, and how to overcome barriers to quality improvements.
- Ability to use statistical methods to diagnose and correct improper quality control practices.
- Proficiency in statistical, quality and continuous improvement methods, warranty data analysis and tools
- Well-developed analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent computer literacy to include but not limited to MS Office products
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to develop high levels of cooperation and respect from staff, colleagues and suppliers alike
- High level of personal integrity and honesty
- Team player able to operate with independence and enthusiasm
- A lateral thinking style
- Technical, Customer service and Quality discipline